Over-The-Top (OTT) advertising is for video content delivered over an internet connection with a streaming device, like an Amazon Fire Stick or through apps via a Smart TV.
OTT advertising allows for hyper-targeting and online behavior tracking to capture active, in-market shoppers. This advertising is backed by buyer intent metrics that are unavailable with traditional TV buys.
L2T OTT with Amazon
Amazon’s OTT platform is the most powerful in the market.
Running on the Amazon network provides an engaged audience paired with propriety Amazon consumer data, which is unavailable through other streaming platforms.
- Amazon Fire TV brand lift for unaided brand awareness exceeds connected (CTV) TV norms by +60%
- Amazon Garage is the 2nd largest vehicle registration database with more than 136M registered vehicles mapped to 65M+ Amazon user accounts
- Ad-supported streaming viewers increase year-over-year by 2.5X in ad enabled hours of content viewed on Fire TV in the US
Target Buyers Outside of Traditional TV Models
People are opting for streaming services as opposed to traditional TV.
- 76% of households use more than one OTT platform.
- 3.4M Americans cancelled their satellite or cable TV accounts in 2019.
- 90M people in U.S. are monthly ad-supported OTT users.
Over-The-Top advertising targets incremental households and viewers watching programming outside of traditional TV. Amazon’s purchase data combined with online behaviors allows for pinpointed targeting to in-market shoppers for the vehicle brands or types you are promoting.
New Targeting Options in 2021
- Email marketing list upload to connect directly with customers in your DMS.
- Geo-fencing to target consumers who’ve physically visited a competitor’s dealership in the past 30 days.
- TV retargeting to target consumers who’ve recently seen commercials from various makes on broadcast or cable TV.
L2T OTT Ads Provide a Better Audience Reach than Linear TV
- Deliver a better customer ad experience. OTT video ads average frequency of 5.7 vs. 14.9 linear TV ad average frequency.
- Reach an audience that is unexposed to linear TV. 70% of the intended audiences are reached by OTT ad campaigns were not reached by linear TV.
- Reach a younger, light TV viewing audience. 50% of the intended audience reached by OTT ads were light TV viewers. 3X more than what is reached by linear TV.
Benefits of OTT Advertising
Only 7% of the auto industry is spending on OTT. Get ahead of the trend and book a demo today to start utilizing OTT ads for your dealership. You will benefit from:
- Audience Targeting
- Unique Inventory
- Machine Learning
- High View Rate
- Reporting Accountability
By using OTT, you will see how many consumers you reached and how many of those consumers visited your online showroom. This is information that you cannot get from traditional liner TV ad buys.
Over-The-Top Advertising with L2T
L2T’s OTT advertising offers a cost-efficient marketing channel and effective.
Our OTT package will help your dealership reach audiences on the platforms where they are streaming content. Plus, any new dealer who signs up in Q1 you get a 10% value-add media with bonus impressions.
To schedule a demo today to learn what OTT can do for your business in 2021 connect with us today!
Learn more about OTT basics here.
Sources: Amazon Internal US Data; OTT & TV Anywhere: An Overview of the Young OTT Advertising Landscape; Amazon Advertising third-party reach analysis, 2019-2020