Our team of digital marketing experts has implemented a weekly series, Ask the Experts, dedicated to answering dealers’ questions regarding L2TMedia’s solutions and best practices. The success of our dealerships is our number one priority and we know that many of our clients have questions when it comes to what we do. So ask away!
Why don’t my ad extensions show all the time?
Ad extensions show extra information about your business to searchers and give your ad more prominence on a search engine results page (SERP). Utilizing extensions improves the visibility of your ad and often increases your click-thru-rate (CTR) and total number of clicks, providing you more value. Sometimes, however, the extensions you’ve added don’t show up on the SERP. This doesn’t necessarily mean that something is wrong, though. There are a number of reasons why extensions might show for some searches and not for others.
AdWords shows extensions depending on a few different factors:
- Ad Rank:
- There is a minimum Ad Rank necessary before your extensions are shown
- You may need to increase your bid or the Quality Score of your keywords
- The position of your ad on a SERP:
- There is a limited amount of space available on a SERP, especially on mobile devices
- Some extensions only show in ads above search results, rather than below
- Other ad extensions you have enabled:
- Generally, your highest performing and most useful extensions, or combination of extensions, are shown
Do you have questions for our experts? Ask here!