Our team of digital marketing experts has implemented a weekly series, Ask the Experts, dedicated to answering dealers’ questions regarding L2TMedia’s solutions and best practices. The success of our dealerships is our number one priority and we know that many of our clients have questions when it comes to what we do. So ask away!
What do you look at in Google Analytics to identify if an SEO campaign is performing well?
Measuring SEO success varies by business and industry, but there are key performance indicators that should be considered across the board: traffic volume and traffic quality. Our SEO Specialists utilize Google Analytics to evaluate the success of the work done on our dealers’ websites each month.
Acquisition Metrics measure volume and frequency of users to a site
- Sessions: the total number of times a site was visited
- Percentage of New Sessions: percent of your total sessions that were from first-time visitors
- New Users: the number of first-time visitors to your site
Behavior Metrics measure the activity of users while browsing a site
- Bounce Rate: the percent of visitors that visit a site and leave immediately without visiting another page
- Pages/Sessions: the average number of pages a user visits in one session on your website
- Average Session Duration: the average time spent by visitors on your site
Acquisition and behavior metrics must be looked at in conjunction with one another. The correlation of these metrics is more important than just seeing red or green across a Google Analytics report. Decreases in metrics does not automatically mean a campaign isn’t successful. Our SEO Specialists analyze the data from these metrics, as well as other areas of Google Analytics to examine the success of an SEO campaign.
Check out our SEO white paper to learn more about successful campaigns.
Do you have questions for our experts? Ask here!