- 2021 Vehicle Parts & Service Projected to Grow 7%
- 18% of US households are expected to service their cars at least once this year
Customers are hitting the road again and there is pent-up demand for service. Don’t lose your customer base to independent and national repair shops. Get your message in front of customers to share how your dealership offers fair pricing, superior parts and service and certified technicians.
Value is the #1 factor in when customers are selecting a service provider. Followed by Quality, Convenience and Trust.
Trust and quality are what set dealerships apart from the competition. Customers tend to service their vehicles at their dealership of purchase for the following reasons:
- They trust the dealership
- They had a positive purchase experience
- Their vehicle is under warranty
- They were introduced to the service department when they first purchased
- They had a service contract with the dealership
It’s important to promote the high quality of your services and be transparent about your pricing. By leveraging digital marketing, your service department can target in-market service customers, and by promoting these messages at the right time, you can attract customers to your service center. This allows for greater control of your marketing budget, as it is more cost-efficient and less wasteful than traditional direct-mail advertising.
Plus, you can meet customers wherever they are watching or searching on the internet.
- 25% of all automotive searches are parts-, service- and maintenance-related.
- 65% of people who took their vehicle in for service first heard about the service center they visited in a video.
- 40% of auto consumers say they would like to receive maintenance reminders directly from dealers in messaging apps like Facebook.
With digital marketing, you can target customers who are actively looking for service-related information and direct them to the service page on your website.
Take a fresh look at your parts and service marketing in 2021.
L2T is here to take your service and parts marketing to the next level and solve any business challenges with our streamlined Fixed Operations packages.
Contact us today for a demo to see how L2T can help you build your fixed ops business!
Sources: Cox Automotive “A Fresh Focus on Fixed Ops is Paying Off”, Google Critical Mix Fixed Ops Study – 2017, Google, “What the Automotive Industry Needs to Know to Close the Sale After the Sale”, Auto Consumer Journey by Accenture (Facebook Commissioned Nov 2018-Feb 2019, Trends Transforming The Auto Repair Industry Outlook in 2021, Automotive Repair & Maintenance Market Analysis – Trends, Developments and Growth Deviations Resulting from COVID-19 )