Google has announced two significant updates to improve your dealership’s search experience. In this blog post, we’ll dive into the recent changes in Google’s spam detection systems and the October 2023 core algorithm update.
Google’s Spam Detection Update
Google has launched a new update to enhance spam detection across multiple languages and spam types. This update is a response to user reports of spam in languages like Turkish, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Hindi, and Chinese. It targets various spam types, including cloaking, hacked content, auto-generated pages, and scraped information.
Dealership website managers should be prepared for potential changes in their search rankings following this update. If you’re affected, make sure to review Google’s spam policies to ensure compliance with their guidelines.
The Core Algorithm Update
Google rolls out several core updates annually to maintain search quality and counteract manipulation attempts. Here’s what you need to know about the October 2023 core update:
- Expect fluctuations in website rankings, as core updates can have varying effects.
- If your website’s ranking drops, analyze the changes and identify areas for improvement.
- High-quality, relevant, and authoritative content remains a priority.
- User experience factors like page speed, mobile-friendliness, and ease of navigation are essential.
- Google values expertise, experience, authority, and trustworthiness (E-A-T).
In conclusion, SEO is an ongoing effort and L2T is here to help your dealership remain competitive in the ever-changing online landscape. Have any questions? Feel free to connect with us by clicking the link below.