The Automotive Industry is RESILIENT
With the emergence of COVID-19 dealers were faced with unprecedented challenges. Showrooms in most states were closed and dealers were forced to learn new ways to do business fast.
The good news? The recovery is beginning. Dealerships are re-opening; the automotive industry will help rebuild communities.
Get Your Dealership Marketing Ready for the Recovery
At the beginning of the pandemic uncertainty, it is understandable if you made the decision to reduce or pause your marketing campaigns.
Now is time to ramp up your marketing to capture the pent-up demand of customers. Search interest is growing each week. According to Google, auto searches are back to March 5, 2020 levels.
Start with Paid Search
Paid Search is the most essential step in fueling your marketing mix to target in-market shoppers. 88% of shoppers use a search engine to find a dealer. As a result, a well-planned Paid Search strategy will help you show up in search results more than your competition.
Paid Search Strategies to Boost Your Dealership in the Recovery
- Increase the radius of the locations you are targeting.
- Add-in zip codes you have not previously targeted to capture new buyers.
- Gain market share, as your competition continues to pause their advertising you will show up more to in-market shoppers.
- Build ad copy to ease customer concerns.
- Mention the enhanced cleaning procedures in your showroom and service center.
- Talk about how you are keeping your staff and customers safe in your copy.
- Promote OEM and dealership specific incentives and specials.
- Build offers that are specific to your dealership – this can drive a lot of traffic away from your competition and help you obtain leads.
- Promote all the current OEM offers.
- Talk about the special service offers, especially for frontline service and healthcare workers.
- Increase ad frequency to beat out your competition.
- Push your amenities and convenient services available for customers.
- Digital retailing options and online trade-ins.
- Drop-off/pick-up for service.
- At-home new vehicle delivery.
- Update and audit keywords for your model campaigns for sales/costs/incentives/deals keywords.
Paid Search Ad Group Examples
|Branded:||Chevrolet of Anywhere|
|Dealer/OEM:||Chevrolet Dealer, Chevrolet|
|Model/OEM:||Blazer, Camaro, Colorado, Equinox, Impala, Malibu|
|Regional/OEM:||Chicago, Evanston, Niles, Lincolnwood, Skokie|
|Service/OEM:||Oil Change Chevrolet, Service Chevrolet, Tire Service Chevrolet, Parts Chevrolet, Specials Chevrolet|
|COVID-19 Specific:||Chevy Cares, Sign & Drive, Deferred Payment|
Rebuild Your Campaigns to Re-Engage
Despite COVID-19, L2T dealers have seen gains in Paid Search. By restarting Paid Search campaigns, you can start to acquire new customers and sell more vehicles on your lot.